Efficiency is the power that we run on.
EUROTEC owns and operates the district heating plant of Castellamonte, in the province of Turin.
The plant consists of two Tiba-Müller generators running on wood chips which have a maximum power generating capacity of 9 MW. The plant is located some distance from the town in order to minimize environmental impacts. It provides heat to more than 2,000 households and 50 institutional clients. EUROTEC also provides heat via district heating to users in Rivarolo Canavese (TO).
WHAT IS DISTRICT HEATING AND WHAT ARE ITS ADVANTAGES?
District heating involves the distribution of heat through a very valued carrier: water.
Heat from the production plant travels underground in the form of hot water through a series of networks to connected buildings. It represents a clean and economical way to produce and transfer heat to homes.
The district heating plant in Castellamonte can produce energy with high yields. It also limits emissions to those coming from one chimney instead of hundreds, thereby reducing overall pollution.
1. THE ADVANTAGES FOR USERS
- The high efficiency of these systems leads to significant costs savings for users
- No fees for boiler monitoring
- No adjustments due to regulation changes or need for periodic boiler replacement
- Elimination of flues and therefore, the creation of additional space
- Elimination of possible risks arising from the presence of a boiler inside a building
2. ADVANTAGES FOR OWNERS
- A district heated apartment enhances the value of a building and allows for better marketability than traditional options
- The builder can take advantage of the benefits of eliminating boilers and connections, freeing up space for use in industrial or residential settings.
- Ducts can be inserted within district heating pipes for use with fibre optic cabling or other innovative underground services in cities
3. ENVIRONMENTAL BENEFITS
Wood chip use involves zero-level carbon dioxide emissions. This has positive impacts on the regional hydro-geological profile. District heating also allows cost containment making it one of the most appealing renewable energy options for the future.
PRODUCTION AND SALE OF WOOD CHIPS
EUROTEC produces pellets from biomass at the Castellamonte energy plant. It can do this for third parties as well, making product marketing possible.
From installation and maintenance to technical assistance, from energy storage to remote-controlled heating systems, from building refurbishment and maintenance to energy supply: Eurotec offers a wide range of services for your home, all delivered by highly qualified professionals.
Thanks to our long experience and the expertise of our group members, Eurotec provides excellent quality, professional services both to private companies and the public sector. We are able to undertake small and larger projects, telecommunications, maintenance services, transport, and energy services.