EUROTEC owns and operates the District Heating Plant in Castellamonte near Turin. This plant provides heat to more than 2,000 households and 50 institutional clients. EUROTEC also provides heat via district heating to users in Rivarolo Canavese (TO).
WHAT IS DISTRICT HEATING AND WHAT ARE ITS ADVANTAGES?
District heating involves the distribution of heat through a highly valued carrier: water.
Heat from the production plant travels underground in the form of hot water through a series of networks to connected buildings. It represents a clean and economical way to produce and transfer heat to homes.
The district heating plant in Castellamonte can produce energy with high yields. It also limits emissions to those coming from one chimney instead of hundreds, thereby reducing overall pollution.
1. THE ADVANTAGES FOR USERS
- The high efficiency of these systems leads to significant costs savings for users
- No fees for boiler monitoring
- No adjustments due to regulation changes or need for periodic boiler replacement
- Elimination of flues and therefore, the creation of additional space
- Elimination of possible risks arising from the presence of a boiler inside a building
2. ADVANTAGES FOR OWNERS
- A district heated apartment enhances the value of a building and allows for better marketability compared to traditional options
THE PELLET PRODUCTION INDUSTRY
At the Castellamonte Power Station(TO), EUROTEC manages the entire pellet production process from manufacturing to sale. It also provides a home refuelling service which is able to cater directly to the many users.
From installation and maintenance to technical assistance, from energy storage to remote-controlled heating systems, from building refurbishment and maintenance to energy supply: Eurotec offers a wide range of services for your home, all delivered by highly qualified professionals.
Thanks to our long experience and the expertise of our group members, Eurotec provides excellent quality, professional services both to private companies and the public sector. We are able to undertake small and larger projects, telecommunications, maintenance services, transport, and energy services.